The Objects of the League shall be to unite Catholic women of Canada :
- to achieve individual and collective spiritual development.
- to promote the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- to exemplify the Christian ideal in home and family life.
- to protect the sanctity of human life.
- to enhance the role of women in church and society.
- to recognize the human dignity of all people everywhere.
- to uphold and defend Christian education and values in the modern world.
- to contribute to the understanding and growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony.
The Purpose of the Ontario Provincial Council:
- To implement The Catholic Women’s League objectives and policy in the province
- to represent the Catholic Women’s League members of Ontario at the national level
- to coordinate the arch/diocesan councils in the province
- to be a link between the arch/diocesan councils in Ontario and the national council for reporting, for resolutions and for those matters requiring an instructed vote at the national convention
- to disseminate information and direction from the national council to the arch/diocesan councils in the province
- to provide direction, inspiration and encouragement to the Catholic Women’s League members and councils in the province
- to submit resolutions and briefs on provincial matters as required
- to maintain contact with the Ontario Conference of Catholic Bishops (OCCB)
For More information about joining the Catholics Womens League please contact:
For St Philip – Sheila Hearne at 613-838-2931
For St Clare – Ada Gorrie at 838-2490 or Tilly O’Connor at 838-5103