This update on COVID-19 was just released by Archbishop Prendergast.
As Fr. Bob writes in his message this week, ‘The Holy Spirit would soon guide them (the disciples) out of their innate self-centredness and too-narrow focus, and guide them to understand Jesus, his mission, and their part in it with more clarity. That is why Jesus’ work on earth did not finish until he did send the Holy Spirit on his disciples at Pentecost. It is only through the Spirit that we are able to transcend our natural tendency to put ourselves at the center of the universe. He will enable us to mature into realizing that God is not part of our story, we are in fact part (and only a small part) of His story (History).
Join us in fasting and praying the Novena to the Holy Spirit from Thursday 21st May to Saturday 30th May, in anticipation of the Feast of Pentecost on Sunday 31st.
Our vigils continue … ALL are invited to join our next ‘At-Home Vigil of Prayer’ on Saturday, May 30 from 8am to 4pm by praying IN YOUR OWN HOME. This month’s intention is for ‘family members who have left the faith.’ Pray in any way you chose. Please choose any hour/any amount of time to join in prayer—our parishioners will pray individually, in solidarity with each other and with the world.
Covid-19 pandemic is bringing forth some new scams and fraudulent activity … check out this list to protect yourself!
All events are virtual, including Mass at 12 noon with Archbishop Prendergast, ‘Be Not Afraid’ panel at 1pm and virtual March at 2:30pm. Full March for Life schedule and details at this link.
Virtual National March for Life, May 10-14, 2020. The program will include
May 10, 11 & 12 A pro-life film festival featuring free online screenings of Strings Attached with producer Obianuju Ekeocha, short films Crescendo and Sing a Little Louder with film producer Jason Jones, and Fatal Flaws: Legalizing Assisted Death with film producer Alex Schadenberg. All films will be screened at 8PM EDT.
- A pro-life Mass in memory of Fr. Alphonse de Valk C.S.B at 6PM EDT.
- The virtual Candlelight Vigil for victims of abortions at 8PM EDT.
- The National Mass for Life from Ottawa’s Notre-Dame Cathedral at 12PM EDT.
- The Be Not Afraid Canadian Pro-Life Special on the Eternal Word Television Network (EWTN) from 1P-2:30PM.
- The Virtual Pro-life Rally and March for Life at 2:30PM EDT.
- A free Pro-Life Webinar exclusively for youth hosted by CLC Youth & Niagara Region Right to Life (registration required) from 12:30-3:00PM EDT.
- The official closing event is a free screening of the film Because of Grácia at 8PM EDT.
All events will be streamed on marchforlife.ca.
Every Tuesday evening during the pandemic, we will be praying the Rosary … online at 7:30pm. Please email Daniel McKenna <[email protected]to receive a ZOOM invitation AND PASSWORD.